Beginners Guide to Buying Plantation Shutters
Whether you’re moving into a new home or looking to give your current home a style upgrade, window treatments like plantation shutters are an effective way to bring a room together. Not only stylish, but plantation shutters also filter sunlight and provide privacy, ensuring the rooms in your home are comfortable, as well as beautiful.
If it’s your first time purchasing and installing shutters, San Diego Window Fashions is here to help. We’ve created a guide to help you understand the ins and outs of plantation shutters. By following our guide, you can feel confident selecting the right shutters for a beautifully designed home.
Getting Started: Do your Research.
- Go beyond online research. While there are many manufacturers to choose from, only insiders know the best ones. Reach out to a few window treatment experts to get the inside scoop on which companies offer the best quality.
- Get multiple estimates. Always get at least a couple of estimates. You may be surprised how much each estimate can vary.
Next Steps: How to Choose the Right Plantation Shutters.
- Remember that price is not everything. After discussing your options with different window treatment companies and getting a variety of estimates, examine your options while keeping in mind, you often get what you pay for. Going with the lowest-priced option may end up costing you in the long run with poor installation, repairs, or replacement of a subpar product.
- Look for Good Quality. Choose a sturdy product backed by reviews from current customers with plantation shutters, and referrals from window treatment experts. A quality product will boost the design aesthetic of your home for many years to come.
- Choose a product with a solid warranty. When selecting a plantation shutter company, inquire about the warranty and get the fine print. A quality company will back their products with a comprehensive warranty that ensures that if anything goes wrong, it will be replaced, free of charge.
Advice from the Pros
- Go International. In respect to shutter companies, San Diego Window Fashions recommends going with an international brand. In addition to superior quality, they are not bound by any local economy, so they can better weather downturns. Many local shutter manufacturers have gone out of business, or chapter 11, rendering the warranty meaningless which leaves the customer to handle the expensive repairs or replacement.
- Know the payment terms. Don't pay more than 50% deposit and the remainder after it is completed. Be wary of any window treatment company that requires full payment up front. A credible business will stand behind their work and only accept payment once the customer is 100% satisfied.
- Call a professional. To help guide you through this process with ease and confidence, find a company who will help you make the right choice, provide sound advice without pressuring you, and backs up their work with a reliable warranty. Referrals from friends and family or a quick Google search will help you find a dependable window treatment you can trust.
At San Diego Window Fashions, we pride ourselves on 100% customer satisfaction. If you’re looking for the best in plantation shutters, or other window treatments options, we’re happy to lend our experience and expertise to help you find the right products for your home, paired with our first-class customer service. Learn more about San Diego Window Fashions by clicking here, or get in touch with us here.